Expense Reporting

The union pledges to pay all legitimate expenses in relation to union business. So when you are dedicating time to represent your fellow members, we help lessen the financial impact. When you have to travel to a meeting, we will reimburse your mileage and pay for your meals.

Before the work starts, you need to make sure that you get approval from the HCU President. If an officer asks you to do work for the union, they will get approval before talking to you. Most projects that call for membership participation come from the HCU Executive Board and are approved when the project is approved.

When you do work for the union, you need to keep track of the following:

  • Mileage
  • Itemized receipts for purchases
  • Agenda printouts
  • Event schedules
  • Paper nametags

When you get back, you fill out an expense report, attach relevant documents, and then submit it to the treasurer. They will process the request and cut a check to pay you back. Here is the form:

Expense Report-July 2017 version

The current mileage reimbursement rate is the IRS rate rounded up to the nearest whole cent which is $0.54 a mile.

If you are doing work for AFT Oregon, you can find their form here.

If you have any questions, e-mail treasurer@hcu4671.org